Friday, October 1, 2010

Pedrosa Back To Spain For Surgery

Dani Pedrosa will have an operation on his fractured collarbone following crash in first free practice at Motegi Japan. The main cause for this crash was the throttle cable on his RC212V.

"A small problem with the throttle cable didn't allow Pedrosa to close the throttle when he came to brake, an issue which has already been investigated and resolved," said a Repsol Honda press release.


"Obviously this has been a really bad day for us. It was a strange crash in only my third lap, in a slow section of the track. I tried to stop the bike as usual but I knew something was wrong and couldn’t avoid going down. After the crash I knew immediately that I was injured because it was very painful. I had a big impact in my left ankle and also my collarbone was broken as I hit the track - so obviously it feels very unlucky because recently we have had really good results,"

"I’ve been very healthy through the pre-season and through the year and we had been working a lot to get to and stay at the maximum level. Another injury to contend with is really not what I needed - I don’t feel as though I deserve it. Anyway, once the doctors had checked everything here, we decided it was best to go back to Spain for the operation. I hope it goes as well as possible and that I can return to racing soon."

According to Pedrosa's statement, he still looks very confident to return to racing soon. But 

0 comments:

Post a Comment