Monday, October 18, 2010

Rossi to test with Ducati at Valencia

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.comThe rider stated in an interview that Yamaha’s Masao Furusawa has given him the all clear to ride for his 2011 team at the post-season Test in the November. Ducati’s Alessandro Cicognani also discussed the details of the Test.

Valentino Rossi had indicated that he has been given permission by the Yamaha’s Executive Officer for Engineering Operations, Masao Furusawa, to test with Ducati in the Valencia next month.

The question of whether the 31 year-old would be allowed by Yamaha to ride the Desmosedici for the team with which he has signed for the 2011 season remained a matter of great interest amongst the media, and in an interview with Italian MotoGP broadcaster Italia 1 Rossi said he had finally received clearance from Furusawa after speaking with him on Saturday evening.

“Furusawa called me and told me it was a way of saying thanks for what I have done for Yamaha,” Rossi told Italia 1. “I think it’s a nice gesture and it shows that Yamaha has valued the things done over these years.”

Upon hearing the news MotoGP Project Manager for Ducati Alessandro Cicognani told motogp.com in an interview: “I haven’t heard what Rossi or Yamaha have said exactly, but I was told about this so I am really happy. I think in a way it’s like a present from Yamaha to Valentino after what he has done for them.”

“We can be happy with this and I would like to thank, in a way, Yamaha. I have good relations with Lin Jarvis and I take this chance to thank him because he has always been fair and open to discussion. It’s not easy and it’s great. So we will work now and finish the season, and then start again for 2011 just after the Valencia race.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment