Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Barberá battles power delivery issue at Aragón

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.comThe Páginas Amarillas rider learnt more about his Ducati Desmosedici in a difficult home race in which he placed 11th, with improvements identified for the forthcoming Japanese round.

Héctor Barberá was ready for anything at the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón, following a very positive start to the weekend. The Spaniard wanted to take an outstanding result on home soil to cap the visit to the Motorland, but had unexpected difficulties in the early going. A power delivery issue with his Ducati left him fighting to stay upright on the bike, and his on-the-run reparations proved difficult to maintain. He took the flag in 11th, although he can take much useful information from his latest home race in order to mount another assault on the top ten.

Héctor Barberá – 11th

"I had a good start and was able to gain a place as a result. At the beginning of lap three I found that I was unable to open the throttle, so my bike slid out. Then I adjusted things and I ended up with too much power. I was a little too close to the limit and was losing the bike on every turn, which led to my tyre degrading and me sliding more. I switched back to the first setting because of this. It worked right up until the final five or six laps, but I was clinging on by the time I crossed the line. The temperature change today perhaps threw us off a bit, but we really need to address the power delivery issue. The result wasn't great, but we can be satisfied with the weekend as a whole because we took a step forward with the fine tuning of the bike. We were at least able to learn some useful things ahead of the next race."

0 comments:

Post a Comment