Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pedrosa Decides To Not Race

Photobucket
Dani Pedrosa decides to not race at Phillip Island tomorrow. This decision made after qualifying practice today. 

“After the operation in Spain my target was to come back in Australia. But having ridden in the three practice sessions here it’s clear that it is really impossible for me to maintain a high pace because I lose strength in my arm lap-by-lap and controlling the bike gets increasingly difficult – even more so with the strong winds here,” said Pedrosa.


“Phillip Island is a very fast circuit, I have to grip the handlebars very tightly, and this makes me very tired and gives me a lot of pain. To ride around three seconds off the pace in the race tomorrow and maybe collect just a few points wouldn’t make much sense. But I think it has been worth it to at least try to ride here because we really didn’t know how I would be on the bike until we tried.”

Pedrosa added: “Now, though, I don’t want to take more risks so that I can recover in time for Estoril. I discussed the situation with HRC Team Director Kazuhiko Yamano and we have the same opinion.”

Pedrosa will lost poins again. And to keep his 2nd position now, Pedrosa have to fight more harder on the last two races at Estoril and Valencia

0 comments:

Post a Comment